The web application has become very important to promote and expand the business online. The web application development process is highly organized, wherein the focus is to create a product that would meet the business needs of a client.
This process could be broken down into several steps. In each of these steps, you must take active care to review and test product design and the code.
In this blog, we have listed eight major steps in the web application development process flow.
Let’s find out what this important process flow looks like in practice.
Table of Contents
8 important Steps in the Web Application Development Process
The web application development process is highly systemized, wherein all the steps happen one after another in sequential order. To know more about it let’s roll.
The first step in the web application development process is to collect all the information regarding a problem or a requirement that needs to be solved.
This is one of the most important steps because if you don’t understand what the problem is, then your final product will not solve your problem or match your requirement.
To understand the issue at hand, ask some searching questions that would lead you in the right direction.
Some of the important questions that you should ask include the following.
- What is the end goal of the web application?
- What pain points would it solve?
- How will the web application fulfill the business needs?
- How will this web application be used?
- What kind of loss will you incur if there is a delay in developing the web app?
Analyses of requirements
In the first step once, you identify the principal objective of why the web app should be built.
If the objectives you have identified for developing the web app are very complex, then you need to break it down into simpler ones.
This will not only help you manage them well but also develop, validate, and check.
This step once completed would help you get your priorities organized. Analyzing the requirement would help you do the following.
- Fine-tune the underlying requirements and goals.
- Get a clear idea about the steps that are needed for this project.
- Find different features and modules that would go into this project.
- Breaking down every goal into simpler tasks that could be easily managed.
- Put all the analysis and approach in a paper so that you can validate it.
Fix a timeline and cost
After you have analyzed the requirements, then it is time to fix a timeline and how much cost it would incur to develop the web app.
In the previous step, you have information about all the elements that you are going to string together to create a final product.
To make an accurate estimation, do the following.
- Do a complexity analysis of each task.
- You must classify all the tasks that you have to do.
- Now, find out what things are required for the development of each of these tasks; UI, logic, test, et cetera.
The final design, conception, and planning
In this stage, do the following.
- List all the tasks in a sequence so that you will know the order in which the task needs to be completed.
- Find out whether there is any dependency between the tasks.
- Find out those tasks that can be done in parallel.
- Create a timeline for each task so that you can allocate resources accordingly.
- Select the architect of the web app.
In this step, you will get a clear idea of how much it would cost to make the web app.
The development process
The primary aim of this step is to create a product (web app) that would optimally meet the requirements that you have identified in the earlier steps.
Since requirement sometimes evolves, you have to change your implementation process accordingly to ensure that the web app fulfills the new requirements as well.
Therefore, you must follow a method that gives you the flexibility to make changes according to the evolving needs.
In this stage, there are two principal parts; backend and front end development.
Front end development
This will include analytics animation, UX designing, implementing security for the front-end, session management with cookies, user authentication, responsiveness handling, API integration, et cetera.
Back end development
This will include multiple tasks such as database handling, managing the services of the backend, security for the web application, session management, API development et cetera.
In this stage, select groups of users to validate the features and find out and report any bugs in the web app.
Furthermore, they also give their input regarding any change that is to be made to make it more user-friendly and improve its performance.
Deployment and post-production step
Once you have validated all the features and fixed the bugs, then comes the deployment stage.
This is the first time when the web app is running in a real environment; you may face issues regarding load balancer performance.
Therefore, you must have your maintenance team ready to find and fix any performance issues or bugs once the web app goes live.
The information that we have shared with you shows how well-defined, brand, and comprehensive the web application development process.
We believe this blog has helped to answer all the questions related to web app development process flow and the business value of each stage.