Do you have a brand new smartwatch and wondering what apps to use on it? We know how difficult it could be to make up your mind about where to begin that too when you are new. Well! here are the Top 5 Wearable Apps that You Should Know About!
The wearable apps are available for Android and iOS, which you can download from Google Play Store or the Apple app store from your smartphone or your watch. Previously till 2020, the overall apps on the Google Play Store accounted for 2.87 million, which has currently increased to about 5 million. The apps downloaded by the users on Google Play Store alone were nearly 108.5 billion.
Before we jump into wearable apps, let’s take a look at the trending wearable devices. The number of wearable apps is aplenty, and you should ensure that you choose a watch that lets you install new applications. So, here are six wearables available on Amazon which let you install applications.
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
- Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch
- Fitbit Versa 2
- New Apple Watch SE
- Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS Smartwatch
We have gathered a list of top wearable apps for your Android and iOS smartwatches that you must try. So, let’s begin.
Top 5 Wearable Apps List
1. Google Maps
Google Maps is one among the most popular and widely used applications. You can access Google Maps by using a simple command to your Google Assistant all on your wrist. It helps you to navigate your way to your destination efficiently. With the help of both voice commands and simple navigation UI, Google Maps is a handy addition to your wristwatch.
Google Maps, being one of the best apps for Wear OS, has the following features
- Hassle-free navigation towards your destinations once it is installed
- Highly compatible with smartwatches, and hence one does not need to depend on their phone to reach the destination all the time
- It has an in-built global mapping system and a compass for any destination across the globe
- You can check real-time traffic situations on the route, and also, it suggests alternate routes, if available.
- It also gives the estimated time of arrival (ETA) from a particular location to the destination.
- It is free for both iOS and Android wearables.
Shazam is a music app that helps to recognize the song playing at a coffee shop or a discotheque. Using Shazam on Wear OS, you can do the same now, short of having to pull out your phone every time. All you have to do is set Shazam as a shortcut, if the shortcut function is valid on your smartwatch, and identify the song in hardly any time. Shazam identifies a song with its music, rhythm, or vocal.
This popular music player app has several useful features to offer. Open an account and use the app on multiple devices, and it stores your last listened songs as well.
Shazam, one of the best Wear OS apps for music, offers the following features:
- You can identify any song with the help of music, rhythm, or vocal.
- You can use Shazam to listen to your Apple Music or Spotify playlists;
- The dark theme gives a pop texture and makes the interface seem cool;
- Time-synced lyrics allows you to sing along without missing any lines;
- It is free to use wearable app available for both Android and iOS platforms
3. Google Keep
Google Keep is one of the top wear OS apps that allows you to make notes on your smartwatch. It is the best Google note-taking application available on nearly all platforms. With Keep, one can make new notes or edit existing ones through voice commands or utilizing swipe-typing on a keyboard. It is quite a handy app whenever an idea crosses your mind.
It eliminates the need to take out your smartphone to write anything. Google Keep lets your smartwatch make use of its interface for creating short notes and accessing saved notes.
Google Keep offers the following features for Wear OS apps:
- It lets you make lists, create notes, set reminders, and check off your list from your smartwatch itself
- You can convert voice notes into a script using Google Assistant for notes creation without touching the screen
- You can categorize notes with colors for easy differentiation
- Add #labels for segregating your notes efficiently to avoid mixing up.
- It is available for download in both Android and ios stores
Many who don’t find Google Fit or the fitness tracking suite present in their smartwatch has given Strava a shot. It enables you to keep track of your runs, biking sessions, and swimming sessions. It also gives you relevant metrics with the help of your watch’s LTE and in-built GPS.
This wearable device app is designed to track your fitness by gauging the distances you run daily. Additionally, you can measure your riding distance, speed, elevation, and calories burned via this app.
Features of Strava on Wear OS includes
The app allows you to measure distances, record routes, and analyze your training sessions
- The app is freely available online to download. But there are subscription plans available for fitness training
- This activity tracker is most suitable for running, yoga, cycling, hiking, Crossfit, etc.;
- It makes use of LTE and GPS for recording the various activities;
- This wearable app can be installed in your smartwatch and can be used without your phone.
- It is available for both Android and ios wearable devices.
5. Google Pay
Google Pay is one of the beneficial apps to have on your wrist. You can simply bring your smartwatch near to the terminal and pay for your drink, ticket, and whatnot. You don’t have to fumble a wallet, purse, or phone from your pocket or find yourself short of change. On condition that your watch has NFC, it’s speedy and straightforward to set up and use. Newer versions allow you to send or request money through the Send tab. You can simply tap on any purchase to split a bill between your friends. You can split for up to five people. Also, it lets you store loyalty cards, tickets, boarding passes, and offers in the new Passes tab and handle the saved cards to your Google account.
Google Pay has so many unique features in contrast to all the other options prevailing in the market. Some of the features are:
- It offers instant transactions.
- Money from bank accounts can be sent to and received directly.
- It has a multi-layered security feature with around-the-clock protection from fraudulent activities. The Tez Shield promotes highly protected transactions.
- As the money is transferred from bank accounts, You can perform overall transactions irrespective of value through the app.
- The app is available in several local as well as foreign languages, making it more suitable.
- The app also offers multiple payment options like enabled transaction via mobile numbers or even Virtual Payment Address (VPAs)
- Scratch cards are an added attraction as Google Pay gives rewarding cashback and offers on different transactions. These cash backs are credited directly to the linked bank account.
Wrapping it up
Technology has grown enormously ever since the unveiling of the smartwatch. During that time, it was used only as hyped step trackers. Using these Wear OS apps, you can exponentially increase your smartwatch’s potential, so it meets your requirements and preferences. Whether the wearable device app is paired to your smartphone or is a separate feature on your Android wearables, they’re practical, functional, and entertaining.
These are a few of the best Wearable apps that you can try on your wearable devices. Though this list has the most compatible apps, there are plenty of other useful apps in the market. And if you have plans to launch a similar or an altogether new wearable device app in the market, you can contact us.