No highly-placed athlete will commonize the need and demand placed on them to win every time. These demands may come from a personal drive or the perceived requirements for being good enough to play for a team or helping their country win a medal. These demands are some of the reasons why a lot of athletes rely on performance-enhancing meds.
However, it is important to know that there are several health risks involved in the use of performance-enhancing meds. Hence, they need to know about them and how to use them responsibly to avoid health issues.
In this post, we will take a quick look at why and how you should use performance-enhancing meds responsibly.
ARE THE RISKS THAT COMES WITH USING THESE MEDS WORTH IT?
While there are some amazing benefits to consuming performance-enhancing meds; there are often also several underlying health risks. This means you need to make a concise study of the performing-enhancing meds that you will take (or are taking) to determine if the risks are worth it to achieve the desired gain.
Since there are tons of performance-enhancing meds out there in the market; we simply cannot cover all of them. However, these are the performance-enhancing meds most frequently used by athletes and the underlying health risks involved in using them:
- ANABOLIC STERIODS: Steroids are common among athletes and one of the most common types are anabolic steroids. One of the most significant benefits of these performance-enhancing meds are that they help in building body strength and increasing muscle mass. Testosterone is your body’s natural steroid hormone in this category. Although doctors prescribe anabolic steroids for several reasons, enhancing performance is not one of them. It is also important to know that the anabolic meds taken by athletes are synthesized. Visithttps://steroidsfax.net/ for varieties of performance-enhancing meds.
- RISKS: Although testosterone helps in building body strength and muscle mass; it is also responsible for several masculine features such as a deepening of the voice and increased
- facial hair.
- RESPONSIBLE USAGE: While the side effects stated above may be a risk worth taking for some athletes; you must visit the pharmacist for a safe dosage. These side effects can also make female athletes lose their femininity.
- DESIGNER STEROIDS: While designer steroids fall under the anabolic steroid category, we thought it necessary to highlight them because of how dangerous they are. Many athletes use these synthesized steroids because they cannot be detected in a drug test. However, the underlying risks of designer steroids are enormous.
- RISKS: Male athletes may develop an enlargement of the prostate gland, sterility, abnormal breast tissue growth, and shriveled testicles. Female athletes may develop irreversible clitoris enlargement, deeper voices, enhanced facial or pubic hair, baldness, and missed or irregular periods.
- RESPONSIBLE USAGE: It is advisable to use these steroids under the supervision of your physician because of their many side effects. One of the most common risks of irresponsibly using designer steroids is drug dependence and psychiatric disorders. It is essential that you follow your doctor’s prescription religiously.
After going through the advantages and risks of consuming performance-enhancing meds, if you still feel the risks are worth taking, be sure to do so under the supervision of a doctor.