There are always different ways to make your sewing friends happy around the holidays that could include spoiling them with sewing gifts! Did you know that sewers aren’t as picky when it comes to gifts? Sewers could never have enough of too much fabric, too many notions, or even enough buttons. When it comes to purchasing sewing gifts for your sewers, you’re not only being a helping hand for them to become better at crafting but you’re also inspiring them to expand their creativity and create something they haven’t tried before.
Finding the best gifts for sewers:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to surprise the sewer with a gift for which they would cherish and love it forever then you need to give them something to remember by choosing a gift that is on their wishlist and couldn’t stop talking about it day and night.
Follow these steps to find out what sewers want:
The first step is to do some investigation! When they aren’t around, you should visit their sewing space and check if they have a pin cushion, a serger, a storage container for supplies, a mini iron, or one of the things listed below. However, if they won’t own any of these things I just listed, then this is your golden opportunity to catch them by surprise and buy them as a gift.
If you feel bad about visiting their sewing space when they aren’t around, there is another thing you can do is casually ask them about their “dream” sewing room. Or a couple of their wish lists that could make this sewing room complete. But always make sure to look out for any hints and note them as soon as you have an idea of a gift so that you don’t forget.
- Fiskars Fabric Circle Cutter
Cutting perfect circles can be a real pain especially when you’re cutting more than one circle and the circles start to look worse as you keep cutting because they don’t turn out perfectly. The only solution to this problem is to purchase a Fiskars Classic Circle Cutter that can help you save time by making the job easier to cut perfect circles. The Fiskars circle cutter is a curved shape with a loop handle that provides a natural fit when used to improve comfort and control. This is designed for fabric and can cut through multiple layers of paper, felt, vinyl, and fabric. It has a rotary cutter for every possible project whether you need to cut layers of fabric, thick materials, curved edges, or straight lines.
- Penta Angel 4.1 inch Sewing Scissors
The first thing you need to know is that sewers come in all shapes and sizes. Some sewers prefer traditional methods like using seam rippers but a few others prefer using sewing scissors instead. This Penta Angel 4.1 inch Sewing Scissors is a 3 piece multicolor set that can be a great choice! The blades are made out of high carbon steel that is simple to use, easy to carry around, and is a versatile cutting tool that can be also used daily around the house. The yarn cutter can be a practical tool for a variety of materials like cutting through threads and yarns without damaging the fabric. This would be a great gift as a set or even for yourself to use.
- Material: High-carbon steel blades
- Size: about 4.1inch length, Net weight about 0.59oz
- Yarn cutter is a very useful and practical tool for a variety of material, fishing line, fabric, and thread
- Sharp blades make you fix the plants and branches effortlessly.
- Simple to use, and easy to carry, and good helper of the daily household
- Art Bins and Storage
Artbin Storage Container is all sewers that need to have endless compartments of storage for crafts and supplies like threads, bias tape, fabric swatches, lace, beads, and buttons. This storage container has four fixed compartments with 20 removable dividers for storage options that can make a sewer’s life easier. It’s a well-organized solution that can maximize the sewer’s sewing time less complicated and make from a durable translucent material that can be easy and quick to identify with what store inside the compartments.
The storage container can be used for:
- Sewing and quilting
- Paper crafting
- Edible art
- Knitting and crochet
- Cricut Maker
If you’re looking forward to making your sewer super excited then this is the gift you should be getting them. They would appreciate and thank you for this amazing electronic cutting machine. Cricut Maker is an electronic cutting machine that makes cutting so much more efficient and easier which is why this would be a perfect tool for every sewer to have. This Cricut Maker allows you to have the ability to make everything from iron on, paper crafts, vinyl decals to even sewing projects, leather crafts, and balsa models. It can help reduce back pain and wrist pain from manually cutting everything and saves a lot of time.
Included with purchase:
- Rotary blade and driving housing
- Premium fine point blade and housing
- Fine point pen
- Two 12” x 12” cutting mats
- Design apps for Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows
- 50 free ready to make projects that include 25 sewing patterns
- Materials for your first project
- Magnetic Pin Cushion
Is there a time where you forget where you put those pins? Or you couldn’t find the pins that you dropped? If this sounds familiar then you are going to adore this pin cushion! No more lost pins or stepping on them because there is a Zirkel Magnetic Organizer. A magnetic pin holder that can help you find dropped pins and arranges your pins around the edges of the holder to make it easier to grab a pin if needed. For the pins to be positioned head out, it must be dropped button side down which makes a layout in a flat sunburst pattern.
- Zirkel Magnetic Organizer, any item attracted is drawn to the outside edge of the magnet
- For items to be positioned head out, they must be dropped bottom side down
- Items dropped will always layout in a flat sunburst pattern for easier pick-up
- The pink magnetic organizer is highly magnetic
- Sewing Merchandise Coffee Mug
There are more than just gifting actual sewing items for sewers. I believe that they would appreciate sewing merchandise like t-shirts or mugs. For instance, mugs get used daily and are a great source of inspiration when there is a quote on it. Gift for Quilters Coffee Mug is a sturdy white glossy ceramic mug that will be a great merchandise choice for sewers to add with their mugs collection.
- Capacity: 350 Ml
- Material: ceramic
- Microwave Safe
- Hand Washing
- The Product shipped in a box
- 40 Spools Embroidery Machine Thread
If you know someone who has an embroidery machine then chances are they might want an embroidery machine thread set to complete everything. This is a 40 Spools Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread that comes with beautiful colors to brighten up and create any of your project needs. Its embroidery machine thread set has amazing tensile strength that lowers the chances of breaking or fraying. Not only if the strength is excellent but the color fastness of the thread is important because of laundering, chlorine bleach, or any harsh chemicals involved. This is great to know because Polyester is known for its ability to hold its colors well compared to other brands or threads. And the threads are more ideal for Brother, Babylock, Janome, Singer, Pfaff, Husqvarna, and Bernina Machines.
- Comes in a set of 40 spools – a wide spectrum of beautiful and bright colors to ensure that all your project needs are met
- Versatile – 40 Weight Threads – most commonly used thread weight which is ideal for a wide variety of projects – freehand embroidery, quilting, appliqué, digitizing, and clothing construction
- Spools that have got the life – each spool has 500 meters long thread
- Excellent Tensile Strength – way lower risk of breaking or fraying. The elasticity of polyester also reduces the risk of looping and puckering
- Color Fast – holds up colors even when subjected to commercial laundering, bleaching, and other harsh chemicals – a desirable character for workwear, uniforms, and linens which are often subjected to commercial laundering
- Multi-purpose Quilting Clips
These MumCraft Multipurpose Sewing Clips are perfect for all sorts of crafts. It makes it easy to hold multiple layers of fabrics, quilts, and holding together objects by not needing any pins for sewing. This means no more broken needles since it holds everything together tightly and keeps everything in one spot. These are extremely useless where precision is required like a piece of quilting, tailored garments, or dealing with extra delicate fabrics.
- Sewing Basket
Are you specifically looking for a gift that stores smaller sewing items? Rather if it’s for a sewer or a beginner? Sewing baskets are the best way to store smaller sewing items similar to pincushions, seam rippers and scissors. The SINGER 07281 Vintage Sewing Basket includes sewing kit accessories is an excellent choice of gift for a sewer or beginner to add with their sewing collection. There are many pretty and unique fabrics outside as a print that could match the sewer’s sewing room or projects. With ample storage and an organized tray, the sewing basket offers a secure fastener and drop down handle making it easy to be transported and stored if needed.
- A big classic sewing basket in fun vintage print with notions pack
- Collapsible handle for an easy take with trip
- Interior storage plus organization with tray insert
- Including 10 hand needles, 100 dressmaker pins, scissors, 10 mini thread spools, needle threader, pin cushion, seam ripper, tape measure, and thimble
- Great as a beginner’s sewing kit
- Mini Steam Iron
The Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron is a must-have for sewers aside from being a travel essential. This mini steam iron helps ensure the finished pieces come out looking amazing and top-notch instead of wrinkly. There is a quick heat time within 15 seconds, has a 1.4oz water tank, and has three temperature settings for various fabric types. It’s strong enough for everyday use at home but yet so lightweight and compact to take along on a road trip. This comes with a convenient travel size bag and features dual voltage for overseas travel.
- One-touch stream control
- Dry iron or steam iron
- Heat Indicator Light
- 4 steam outlets
- Fabric Pattern Weights
When cutting out a pattern, it can be difficult if you don’t have one of these Fabric Pattern Weights to keep it in place. This is great for fabric and patterns to be precise as you draw or cut around them without using pins. Without these fabric pattern weights, it can likely cause an accident or mistake if you’re cutting something that needs to be highly perfect and precise.
- Secure patterns to fabric without using pins
- Weights can be directly on the pattern
- Ideal for delicate fabrics
- Colors may vary
- Filled with steel balls (each pattern weigh 4 oz)
- Sewing Guide Book
This First Time Sewing: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide is a great complementary gift for sewers who want to learn more sewing techniques. This sewing guide book is filled with various amounts of detailed description that will make sewing more easy than it looks.
- Sewing Machine Watercolour Art Print
If the person you are gifting has a sewing room, then they will appreciate the Sewing Machine Watercolour Art Print because this would be a great addition to any sewing room wall!
|Comes with multiple sizes
Guarantee no fading
Each print is handcrafted
|It’s unframed and no matting
There you have it! Here are the top 11 best gifts for sewers list to help you shop stress-free without contemplating on what to get as a gift. Remember to take some notes down to remember what gifts you are considering as gifts. Have fun!